Top-Notch Accounting Services
Promoting Excellence in Everything We Do
An Established Accounting Firm You Can Rely On
Bringhurst Financial Services has spent over 40 years serving the financial needs of middle-market businesses and high-net worth individuals and families. From tax preparation to small business bookkeeping to financial planning, our primary focus is to help you prepare for the future and to grow your bottom line.
At Bringhurst you are not just a client, you are part of the Bring Team.
Services We Offer
All tax returns will be uploaded to your own personal BringVault. You will have secure access to your returns and private documents anytime by logging in with your personally designated password. You can also securely upload your personal documents for the Bring Team.
Bringhurst Financial focuses on finding the right tax deductions tailored to your specific business. We are highly experienced in evaluating and preparing business tax returns while maximizing growth potential. The Bring Team will file your current year tax return, amend prior year returns, and ensure that your business is compliant with all payroll taxes, sales and use taxes, and local tax codes specific to your location.
The Bring Team will develop strategies to benefit your bottom line and capitalize on your business expenses all year long. Planning for quarterly estimated tax payments can help your business at tax time and throughout the year.
Bringhurst Financial has the experience and knowledge to handle your Estate and Trust Taxes. The fiduciary of a domestic decedent's estate, trust, or bankruptcy estate must file taxes to report:
• The income, deductions, gains, losses, etc. of the estate or trust.
• The income that is either accumulated or held for future distribution or distributed currently to the beneficiaries.
• Any income tax liability of the estate or trust.
• Employment taxes on wages paid to household employees.
Bringhurst Financial understands the complicated tax laws that change from year to year. We endeavor to find deductions and credits which you are entitled, ensuring the most positive outcome for your taxes. We will show you potential deductions to limit your tax liability and advise you of commonly overlooked deductions to limit your tax liabilities for the year to come. We will also explain how to maximize your payroll withholding to suit your specific needs.
The Bring Team is highly skilled and experienced when dealing with IRS and state departments of revenue. We will advocate for you should an issue arise and ensure your outcome is fair and prudent.
Bringhurst Financial has clients all over the world who file in multiple states. We are experienced and proficient in preparing personal and business taxes in all 50 states. Your BringVault makes it even easier. Upload your personal documents safely and securely and we will prepare your taxes and upload them right back into your BringVault. We can file most returns electronically and with your BringVault you peruse, approve, sign, and file all without having to be in the same state, or even in the country.
Bringhurst Financial will take care of your back office so you can go about the business of your business. We can customize your services including bookkeeping, financial statements, payroll, sales tax, tax planning, tax preparation, or any other accounting service your business requires.
It is good business to keep your bank account, accounting, and taxes up-to-date. Reconciling your business checking account each month allows the Bring Team to...
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
- Have a true understanding of how your business is doing. You can't really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
- Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves you money, it makes you money.
- Protect yourself. By timely reconciling and promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks presented to your bank and paid by that bank, you can relieve your agency of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This reason to reconcile alone should be enough. Crime exists.
The Bring Team will create periodic income statements for you, giving you an itemized list of all your revenues and subtracting an itemized list of all your expenses to come up with a profit or loss for the period.
Bring Team Income statements allow you to...
- Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance of your business.
- Determine what areas of your business are over-budget or under-budget.
- Identify specific items that are causing unexpected expenditures. Like phone, fax, mail, or supply expenses.
- Track dramatic increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales.
- Determine your income tax liability.
The Bring Team will also generate period Balance Sheets to give you a snapshot of your business financial condition at a specific moment in time.
Bring Team balance sheets help you...
- Quickly get a handle on the financial strength and capabilities of your business.
- Identify and analyze trends, particularly in the area of receivables and payable. For example, if your receivables cycle is lengthening, maybe you can collect your receivables more aggressively.
- Determine if your business is in a position to expand.
- Determine if your business can easily handle the normal financial ebbs and flows of revenues and expenses.
- Determine if you need to take immediate steps to bolster cash reserves.
- Determine if your business has been slowing down accounts payable to forestall an inevitable cash shortage.
Bring Team Financial Statements are the most critical elements in providing financial reporting to potential lenders such as banks, investors, and vendors who are considering how much credit to grant you.
Bringhurst Financial payroll services ensure that your employees are paid on time and that all of your legal obligations are met. The Bring Team will take the worry out of your payroll processes allowing your business leaders to focus on important enterprise tasks instead of worrying about how and when individual employees will be paid.
We handle a wide variety of payroll duties including:
- monitoring employee time and attendance
- setting up and making adjustments to direct deposit accounts
- calculating payroll taxes and ensuring the correct deductions
- proactively monitoring the relationship between workers’ comp premiums and actual payroll
- integrating third-party 401(k) and benefits plans
- providing electronic payroll records to employees and employers
- ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws governing payroll.
Bringhurst Financial assists businesses that sell a product or provide a service that is taxable to set up tax collection process and to pay sales taxes and file federal, state, and local sales tax returns periodically.
Sales taxes are, frankly, a mess. There are many taxing localities involved, each with its own tax rate and list of taxable products and services. If you have a tax presence (called a tax nexus) in different states, you may have to collect different taxes on different items. And if you sell online, trying to figure out if you have to collect sales tax from customers in many states becomes almost impossible to manage.
The Bring Team will help you sort this out. We provide the steps and help you reach important decisions in order to collect, report, and pay sales taxes on the products or services you sell. Here are the main steps in the process of preparing to collect, report, and pay sales taxes:
- Begin by determining whether you must collect sales taxes in a specific state.
- Begin by registering with your state's taxing agency. If you sell in more than one state, you will need to register in each state. Your state will also have information on what products and services are taxable.
- Determine the sales tax rate or rates you must charge. It has been estimated that there are 11,000 tax collection entities in the U.S., so determining and collecting sales tax can be very complex The Tax Foundation has a downloadable table of state sales tax rates.
- Set up your processes to collect sales tax from your customers. You might be selling online, at a retail store, or at outside venues like flea markets and events.
- Gather your records for all your sales and the taxes through your business accounting system.
- Send reports to your state and, of course,
- Pay sales taxes to your state as required.
Bringhurst Financial can help bring our logical financial planning procedure to your personal and business finances creating stability and wealth for your family tree. Every step of the way the Bring Team is ready and available, from building your portfolio to determining the right insurance.
Personal Financial Success
The Bring Financial Plan
- Determine where your money goes now.
- Set financial goals.
- Prepare for the unexpected with insurance.
- Keep an eye on your credit.
- Start saving.
- Begin to build a portfolio.
- Keep track of your plan.
- Plan your exit strategies.
Logical Financial Process
The first step to financial planning is to determine your current financial situation. Once you have an accurate picture of your finances you can develop your financial goals.
The Bring Team will help you identify and evaluate alternative courses of action to help you reach those goals. We will then help you create and implement a financial action plan, reevaluating and revising the plan as needed.
Busniess Financial Success
The Bring Team can help you create a financial model summarizing your company's performance. We will forecast your businesses future financial potential so you can estimate the outcome of specific financial decisions before the company commits any funds or efforts towards it.
Bringhurst Financial will help you develop a path to growing and keeping your bottom line.